Mechanical-technological tests of facade elements
With respect to customer satisfaction and achieving the greatest possible benefit to the customer, permanent quality assurance and improvement of our products and services is one of our main concerns.
Before our products arrive on the market, they undergo a very wide variety of endurance tests that are carried out as part of our wider programme of prototype and development tests. For these, we have an advanced and efficient testing centre in the shape of the International Technology Centre (ITC) at our main location in Leinfelden-Echterdingen.
Across 1,400 m2 of floor space, we use state-of-the-art equipment and devices to carry out comprehensive mechanical-technological tests on windows, doors, hardware and metallic materials.
We are able to carry out all tests in accordance with the current national and international standards and directives.
Thanks to our accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17 025, our internal and external clients can always be sure that the tests are performed not just in line with the required standards but that above all, we are also neutral when carrying them out.
Tests of burglar-resistant windows and doors
Burglary tests in accordance with EN 1627 – 1630:
- Requirements and classification in accordance with EN 1627
- Test procedure for determining resistance under static load in accordance with EN 1628
- Test procedure for determining resistance under dynamic load in accordance with EN 1629
- Test procedure for determining resistance to manual break-in attempts in accordance with EN 1630
Testing air permeability, driving rain impermeability and wind resistance
Testing the air permeability, driving rain impermeability and wind resistance of windows and doors:
- Test of air permeability in accordance with EN 1026 / 12 207
- Test of driving rain impermeability in accordance with EN 1027 / 12 208
- Test of wind resistance in accordance with EN 12 211 / 12 210
Endurance test of window systems
- Endurance test of Turn-Only and Tilt&Turn hardware in accordance with
- DIN EN 13 126 / Part 8
- QM 328 / RAL-GZ 607/3
- Endurance test of windows in accordance with EN 1191
- Endurance test of rollers for sliding windows, Fold&Slide windows and balcony doors in accordance with EN 13 126 / Part 15
- Endurance test of Sliding, Lift&Slide and Tilt&Slide hardware for windows and doors in accordance with EN 13 126 / Parts 16 and 17
- Torque test of window handles in accordance with RAL-RG 607/9
- Endurance test of window handles in accordance with RAL-RG 607/9
Material and corrosion tests
- Tensile strength test in accordance with EN ISO 6892-1
- Hardness tests in accordance with
- EN ISO 6506-1
- EN ISO 6507-1
- EN ISO 6508-1
- Rockwell / HRC
- Corrosion test (salt spray fog) in accordance with EN ISO 9227
For years, our customers have appreciated the expert competence and equipment quality at the Roto ITC.
To also obtain external confirmation of our competence, we had ourselves accredited by the German Accreditation Body (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle, DAkkS) on the basis of the standard DIN EN ISO/IEC 17 025.
This accreditation represents the highest award for a testing facility under private law. It also guarantees that the corresponding tests for our internal and external clients are always performed correctly in line with the current national and international standards and directives, and above all that we are neutral.
Acceptance of test results and certificates inside and outside Europe is an important prerequisite for creating trust in the quality of industrial products.