12th International Roto Trade Press Day 2017 in Stuttgart
From the origins to the product highlight of 2017
Over the course of recent years, Roto has managed to turn its Trade Press Day into an institution within the industry. The site chosen to host the 12th Trade Press Day was Leinfelden, where the Roto Group was founded. The origins of the company could be experienced once again in a special way. After all, it is these origins that gave rise to the new product highlight – Roto NX: the Tilt&Turn hardware system for windows and balcony doors shaping the industry once again. Roto NX marked the highlight of the conference day on 15th November in the “Hall of Legends” in Böblingen.
Roof window quality that speaks for itself
But before that, the Roto Roofing and Solar Technology Division and the Leinfelden production plant itself were the focus of the 12th Trade Press Day. On 14th November, guests found out what exciting solutions the roof window professionals from Bad Mergentheim had in store for planning engineers, craft and trade, and could experience the impressive performance of the roof windows first-hand in the DST Roadshow Truck: roof window quality that speaks for itself. The guided tour through the Leinfelden production plant that followed brought the first day of the event to a close.
The speech on market and company development, with the clear maxim of “Customer first”, opened the second day of the event in the “Hall of Legends” in Böblingen. Renata Alt gave a speech about the challenges facing Europe from the point of view of the Free Democratic Party (FDP). Dr Keill then summarised the status of Roto’s involvement in burglary protection on the political stage in his speech on “Burglary protection and politics – Update and results of targeted initiatives”. Hartmut Schmidt kicked off the afternoon with his speech on Smart Home Ready.
And then the time came. Johann Lukas took the specialist journalists along with him on a journey into the history of how Roto’s Tilt&Turn hardware was developed: from the very beginning with Roto N in 1935 to the Roto NX Tilt&Turn hardware system shaping the industry once again – which was then explored in detail by Hartmut Schmidt and brought to life so that the journalists could experience it first-hand using various window exhibits.
Seven Trade Press Day presentations
- #KeineHalbenSachen: Innovative Roto roof windows for every customer need [Christoph Hugenberg, CEO Roto Roof and Solar Technology]
- Market and company development – Status and perspectives [Dr. Eckhard Keill, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Roto Frank AG, Michael Stangier, Chief Financial Officer of Roto Frank AG]
- Europe is also moving at “two speeds” [Renata Alt, Member of the German Bundestag]
- Burglary protection and politics – Update and results of targeted initiatives [Dr. Eckhard Keill]
- Smart Home Ready [Hartmut Schmidt, Director of Product Innovation in the Roto Window and Door Technology Division]
- Roto and Tilt&Turn hardware – A success story [Johann Lukas, Director of Customers and Markets East in the Roto Window and Door Technology Division]
- Roto NX: Always the right decision [Hartmut Schmidt]
All press articles on the presentations mentioned