Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany - (rp) “We have set a new milestone.” That's how Roto evaluates the worldwide introduction of a completely new lock product range kicked off in August 2011. The product range called “DoorSafe 600” is a decisive step in the hardware specialist's consistent door technology offensive. For: It fulfils the manufacturer's own ambitious claim to offering its market partners the most extensive system range covering all aspects of the door from a single source.
The premier of the new generation of locks initiated after an 18-month development period and intensive tests in the field now also enables Roto to supply a complete repertoire of multi point locking hardware for main entrance, escape and panic doors. It covers all common frame materials and applications, as well as the in some cases greatly differing country-specific requirements. As a result, door manufacturers and specialised dealers can now utilise a complete line of equipment for all timber, PVC and aluminium outside doors. In practice this ensures an “exclusive unique and differentiating feature” for the international building supplier.
Decisive gasket compression
The heart of the new product range is a combination locking system. The innovation is provided with a bolt and a nine millimetre wide “power wedge”, which is currently the strongest on the market, ensuring an equal degree of security, efficiency and convenience. The operating principle: During locking, first the wedge engages, then the bolt. This results in a high gasket compression, which provides for “extreme”, long-term impermeability and prevents the door from warping. But even slightly warped doors still close reliably, emphasises the manufacturer.
In addition, the system also makes a real contribution to the efficient use of energy. Although this aspect is, for example, usually a major point with windows, main doors have “wrongly” been of little importance here up until now. In future, a great deal more attention must be paid to doors with regard to the energy optimisation of buildings. The marked impermeability achieved by the combination locking system with the high gasket compression locks out cold and draught air, therefore significantly improving emission values and reducing energy costs.
The “600” line is also characterised by numerous other advantages. Roto particularly emphasises the following advantages:
- Quality: The entire product range features a 10-year functional warranty
- Smooth operation: The optimised power transfer from the cylinder or handle to the lock allows for easy operation
- Security: The locks are already safeguarded against manipulation after just one turn of the key. In addition, depending on the model even BRG3 requirements can be met when completely locked
- Burglary protection extras: Robust security strikers and hinge-side rebate safety devices with two bolts make life even more difficult for thieves
- Broad range of applications: Cylinder and handle-actuated locks are already available from a backset of 25 mm
- Noise damping: A whisper latch enables virtually noiseless closing of the door
- Individuality: Thanks to modular connectable additional locking points, it is possible to realise door heights of up to three metres – with unrestricted impermeability of the door elements
- Special solutions: Dummy mullions and strikers made of brushed stainless steel were developed especially for aluminium doors. The portfolio also includes: Locks for panic doors (as per DIN EN 1125) and emergency exits (as per DIN EN 179)
- Corrosion resistance: Standard equipment with the “RotoSil Nano” surface, which poses no environmental, toxicological, hygienical or sanitary health hazard, considerably exceeds the required standard
- Colour versions: Powder-coated hardware components in any RAL colour tone allow individual design concepts.
However, for market partners the “DoorSafe 600” product range is also a “good alternative” for other reasons. For example, door manufacturers benefit from the joint design basis of all cylinder and handle-operated locks. In addition, the “intelligent platform strategy” also includes the flexible choice of locking types thanks to the uniform routing dimension, latch conversion from the dummy mullion side and openings for simple rosette attachment. Furthermore, the modular design decreases the number of parts requires, reducing storage costs.
The market premiers are accompanied by diverse activities and materials. The supporting information and marketing package includes special mailing campaigns, specific public relations work, technical documentation, catalogues, brochures and a separate website. The current online service can be used around the clock at www.rotodoorsafe600.com. Roto's conclusion with a view to the new era: Convincing arguments.